|Pictures from Moosburg|
The memorial of refugees
At the end of World War II many Germans fled from the Soviet troops who occupied East Germany. Others were later expelled by the new Communist regimes from their homes in Poland, Czechoslovakia or Yougoslavia. The memorial cross erected in 1958 commemorates the refugees who lost their lives on their flight to West Germany. It is in Sudentenlandstraße in Moosburg's new town, the site of the former POW camp, where many of the refugees settled since 1948. Two years later, 1,931 out of 8,677 Moosburg citizens were refugees.
Picture: © WebTeam Moosburg
|Contents||Previous page||Next page|
|Last update 22 Nov 1999 by © Werner Schwarz (E-Mail) - All rights reserved!|